Parents – please fill out the Volunteer Form in your student’s registration packet. The Volunteer Form tells us what ways you are interested in volunteering, so we can contact you directly for the opportunities you select. All community members (neighbors, grandparents, etc) are welcome to fill out a Volunteer Form so you don’t miss out. Volunteer Forms are also available at the front office.
DISNEY BOOSTER FUNDRAISERS & VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTIONS
Direct Ask Campaign – 100% of donations go to the Booster Club supported activities
and are tax deductible! Look for the flyer and envelope in this welcome packet or simply
go to: https://www.supportburbankschools.org/disney/ for an easy way to submit online
donations. Date: Ongoing
Chuck E. Cheese Night – Join us for a night of pizza, fun and games and a % of each
bill gets donated the Booster Club! Date: Friday, September 23
1st Annual Dia De Los Muertos Costume Ball – A new and exciting fundraiser! We
will have music, dancing, costumes, pumpkins, face painting and more! Bring your
family and friends and kick off the spooky holidays! Date: Friday October 21, 6 PM-8 PM
* We need volunteers to help set up, decorate, bake treats for the bake sale, sell baked goods, sell pumpkins, help with pumpkin painting station, sell tickets at door, help distribute flier reminders, clean up crew. More details and specific times to follow closer to event.
Jump-a- Thon – A fun (and healthy!) way for kids to earn money for their arts programs
while jumping rope and cheering on their friends. Date: Wednesday, October 12
* The co-chair will work with chair and volunteers to coordinate communicating the event to teachers and parents, distribute pledge forms among students and collect proceeds from the students.
Barnes & Noble/CPK Restaurant Night – A school favorite, join us at Barnes & Noble
for story time! Teachers and students read aloud and a portion of every book
purchased is donated back to our school and buy books that are donated directly to our
library. Then, head over to CPK for dinner where the Booster Club earns a % from each
meal! Date: Tuesday, December 13th (times TBD)
* The chair will coordinate the dates with the vendor, organize teacher & student Restaurant Nights, readers, arrange times and logistics with both locations, work with Booster to communicate and promote the event school-wide.
Read-a-Thon – For the month of March, each page your child(ren) reads is an
opportunity to raise money and earn prizes! Date: Month of March
* The co-chair will work with chair and volunteers to coordinate communicating the event to teachers and parents, distribute pledge forms and reminders among students and collect proceeds from the students.
See’s Candy – The See’s Candy fundraiser is held in the Spring, just before Easter. 50% of
all sales will be directly donated to the Disney Booster Club. Delivery Date: Monday, April 10
* The chair will coordinate the dates with the vendor. (S)he would collect pledges, the order forms school wide, and place the order with our vendor. On delivery day of the candy, we need volunteers to help distribute.
Business Donations – Do you own or work for a business that has a donation matching
grant program? Does your business have products or services that Booster can use for
incentive prizes for our fantastic students? Our arts programs and fundraisers need all
kinds of supplies. If you can make a difference and help, please contact Brooke
Schwartz at email@example.com.